2 1/2 inch GRADE 8 Carriage bolt, 1/2″ zinc
High tensile strength GRADE 8 bolts prevent bolt head separation, the primary cause of target failure.
2 1/2 inch GRADE 8 Carriage bolt 1/2″, zinc
High tensile strength 1/2″ GRADE 8 Carriage bolts prevent bolt head separation, the primary cause of target failure.
1/2″ Grade 8 carriage bolts are almost impossible to find at local hardware stores so take this opportunity to have a few extra.
Grade 8 Bolt info
GRADE 8 CARRIAGE BOLTS:
- Plates hit with high energy rifle rounds transfer a massive amount of stress forces to the bolt head that will shear off non grade bolt heads. (giving the false impression they were shot off.)
- Tensile strength – maximum load that a material can support without fracture when being stretched.
- Grade 8 Tensile Strength is 150,000 psi Low carbon non grade bolts are 60,000 psi
- Grade 8 bolts are NOT bulletproof and can be shot through. However, they do take less damage from hits than non grade bolts.
- Carriage bolt heads have a low profile and reduce splatter deflection significantly.
- Carriage bolts used with square hole plates eliminate the need for 2 wrenches for installation.
- Grade 8 carriage bolts are almost impossible to find at local hardware stores, be sure to buy them with your order.
- Everybody hates target failures and grade 8 bolts go a long way to reducing them.
We tested non grade hardware store carriage bolts and this one lasted about 20 rounds from a 7.62 x 39 on a 12 x 20 silhouette plate @ 50 yards. The target plate hit the ground and we all thought the bolt had been hit and shot through… but this is what we found. This failure is exactly what a grade 8 bolt is designed to prevent.
There are no reviews yet.