8 X 10 Rectangle AR500 Steel Targets
$46.79 – $66.33
8 x 10 Rectangle AR500 Steel Target
- Choose steel thickness 1/4, 3/8 or 1/2″
- Works best with our FAIL SAFE HANGER or MINI HANGER
- Great for rifle or pistol.
Plate only, no hardware included.
- FAIL SAFE- Handgun / rifle
- MINI HANGER – Rimfire and light handgun
Fail Safe Hanger info
The Fail Safe Hanger is a very versatile hanger that can be used for all plate sizes 6″ and over. This hanger was originally designed to retain plates 10 lbs and lighter that could be shot off our STANDARD HANGER by medium rifle rounds. This hanger can mount most plates by us or others.
- Fits all FORGED T posts
- Fabricated from 1/4″ A36 steel
- Capable of supporting very heavy plates.
- Designed for plates 6″ and larger.
- Additional T post clamp prevents hanger “walk” with smaller plates.
- Built in wrenches for bolt and T post clamp
- Uses a 1 1/2″ GRADE 8 carriage bolt to mount the plate
- Stackable for multiple plates on a single T post
- Works with most rifle and pistol calibers. (Haven’t tested it with a 50 cal yet)
Unfinished – paint it yourself and save
Powder Coated – High Visibility Orange
- 1 1/2″ GRADE 8 bolt w/ T post clamp
- T post Clamp prevents hanger “walk” with small plates and big bullets.
MINI HANGER KIT:
- MINI HANGER (uncoated)
- Carriage bolt/locking nut Grade 8
- beam clamp
- Mounts on any standard forged T Post
- Works with 4 – 8 inch plates w/ square bolt hole.
- Bolt and clamp wrenches built into hanger.
- T Post clamp prevents hanger walk.
- Plate hangs at rearward angle.
- Works with Rim Fire, Standard handgun and light rifle. Too much power can bend the hanger.
Grade 8 Bolt info
GRADE 8 CARRIAGE BOLTS:
- Plates hit with high energy rifle rounds transfer a massive amount of stress forces to the bolt head that will shear off non grade bolt heads. (giving the false impression they were shot off.)
- Tensile strength – maximum load that a material can support without fracture when being stretched.
- Grade 8 Tensile Strength is 150,000 psi Low carbon non grade bolts are 60,000 psi
- Grade 8 bolts are NOT bulletproof and can be shot through. However, they do take less damage from hits than non grade bolts.
- Carriage bolt heads have a low profile and reduce splatter deflection significantly.
- Carriage bolts used with square hole plates eliminate the need for 2 wrenches for installation.
- Grade 8 carriage bolts are almost impossible to find at local hardware stores, be sure to buy them with your order.
- Everybody hates target failures and grade 8 bolts go a long way to reducing them.
We tested non grade hardware store carriage bolts and this one lasted about 20 rounds from a 7.62 x 39 on a 12 x 20 silhouette plate @ 50 yards. The target plate hit the ground and we all thought the bolt had been hit and shot through… but this is what we found. This failure is exactly what a grade 8 bolt is designed to prevent.
T Post info
T Posts are manufactured from recycled railroad steel and are available in a variety of weights 0.95lbs, 1.25 lbs. & 1.33lbs, etc. per foot. The post is designed in a “T” configuration, has studs every 2-1/2 inches to help support the fence, and includes a 7 in. long by 3 in. wide steel anchor plate to stabilize the post in the ground. Our T Post hangers are designed for 1.25 and 1.33 lb / ft T Posts.
- Manufactured from rail steel
- Weight 1.25 lbs. per lin. ft., including the anchor plate (most common)
- Coated with rust-resistant green enamel paint for corrosion protection
- Should be driven into the ground a minimum of 12 in.
- Use Fence Post Driver or sledge hammer to drive post into the ground.
- Using a sledge hammer can deform the post making hanger installation difficult.
- Available at most farm and hardware stores. Home Depot and Lowes.
- Inspect the top of posts for deformation before purchasing. During manufacturing they are cut to length while hot and the ends can become deformed making installing the hanger difficult. Some deformation is normal, look for twisted or very obvious deformations.
- When installing for temporary use or light target loads in firm ground, pound the post deep enough to engage the fin at least halfway. This will make removing the post easier.
- Make life easier and get a T Post pounder.
- Make life even easier and get a T Post puller. For hard ground or deep posts, this tool is a lifesaver.
- BUY LOCALLY! T post are available everywhere and cost more to ship than they are worth.