- You cannot add "Mini Hanger Kit" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
T Post Clamp
Keep hangers in place when using small plates.
T Post Clamp
- Attaches to the back leg of the T Post
- Prevents hanger “walk” when using light plates and heavy loads
- Required when using the MINI HANGER
- Recommended with the FAIL SAFE HANGER with 6 and 8″ plates.
- Keeps hangers in place when installing or taking down targets.
T Post info
T Posts are manufactured from recycled railroad steel and are available in a variety of weights 0.95lbs, 1.25 lbs. & 1.33lbs, etc. per foot. The post is designed in a “T” configuration, has studs every 2-1/2 inches to help support the fence, and includes a 7 in. long by 3 in. wide steel anchor plate to stabilize the post in the ground. Our T Post hangers are designed for 1.25 and 1.33 lb / ft T Posts.
- Manufactured from rail steel
- Weight 1.25 lbs. per lin. ft., including the anchor plate (most common)
- Coated with rust-resistant green enamel paint for corrosion protection
- Should be driven into the ground a minimum of 12 in.
- Use Fence Post Driver or sledge hammer to drive post into the ground.
- Using a sledge hammer can deform the post making hanger installation difficult.
- Available at most farm and hardware stores. Home Depot and Lowes.
- Inspect the top of posts for deformation before purchasing. During manufacturing they are cut to length while hot and the ends can become deformed making installing the hanger difficult. Some deformation is normal, look for twisted or very obvious deformations.
- When installing for temporary use or light target loads in firm ground, pound the post deep enough to engage the fin at least halfway. This will make removing the post easier.
- Make life easier and get a T Post pounder.
- Make life even easier and get a T Post puller. For hard ground or deep posts, this tool is a lifesaver.
- BUY LOCALLY! T post are available everywhere and cost more to ship than they are worth.
MINI HANGER KIT:
- MINI HANGER (uncoated)
- Carriage bolt/locking nut Grade 8
- beam clamp
- Mounts on any standard forged T Post
- Works with 4 – 8 inch plates w/ square bolt hole.
- Bolt and clamp wrenches built into hanger.
- T Post clamp prevents hanger walk.
- Plate hangs at rearward angle.
- Works with Rim Fire, Standard handgun and light rifle. Too much power can bend the hanger.
Fail Safe Hanger info
The Fail Safe Hanger is a very versatile hanger that can be used for all plate sizes 6″ and over. This hanger was originally designed to retain plates 10 lbs and lighter that could be shot off our STANDARD HANGER by medium rifle rounds. This hanger can mount most plates by us or others.
- Fits all FORGED T posts
- Fabricated from 1/4″ A36 steel
- Capable of supporting very heavy plates.
- Designed for plates 6″ and larger.
- Additional T post clamp prevents hanger “walk” with smaller plates.
- Built in wrenches for bolt and T post clamp
- Uses a 1 1/2″ GRADE 8 carriage bolt to mount the plate
- Stackable for multiple plates on a single T post
- Works with most rifle and pistol calibers. (Haven’t tested it with a 50 cal yet)
Unfinished – paint it yourself and save
Powder Coated – High Visibility Orange
- 1 1/2″ GRADE 8 bolt w/ T post clamp
- T post Clamp prevents hanger “walk” with small plates and big bullets.
Grade 8 Bolt info
GRADE 8 CARRIAGE BOLTS:
Grade 8 carriage bolts are a crucial component for withstanding the immense stress forces generated when high-energy rifle rounds hit plates. These bolts have a high tensile strength of 150,000 psi, surpassing the 60,000 psi of low carbon non-grade bolts commonly found in hardware stores. While grade 8 bolts are not bulletproof and can still be penetrated, they are designed to endure hits more effectively than non-grade bolts.
One notable advantage of using carriage bolts is their low-profile heads, which significantly reduce splatter deflection. Additionally, when paired with square hole plates, carriage bolts eliminate the need for using two wrenches during installation, providing convenience and saving time.
It is important to note that grade 8 carriage bolts may not be readily available at local hardware stores, so it’s advisable to purchase them along with your order to ensure you have the appropriate hardware for your shooting targets.
Target failures can be frustrating, but using grade 8 bolts can greatly reduce the likelihood of such incidents. In a test involving non-grade hardware store carriage bolts, they lasted only about 20 rounds from a 7.62 x 39 rifle at a distance of 50 yards on a 12 x 20 silhouette plate. The failure observed was exactly what grade 8 bolts are designed to prevent, bolt head shearing off resulting in target failure.
In summary, grade 8 carriage bolts provide the necessary strength and durability to withstand the forces generated by high-energy rifle rounds hitting plates. Their use, combined with low-profile heads and compatibility with square hole plates, contributes to a safer shooting experience with reduced splatter deflection.