Tire Target Hanger Kit
$31.20 – $52.48
PLATE NOT INCLUDED
Hang a tire around your target plate and capture 90% + of lead fragments. Eliminates frag damage to nearby walls, ceilings or other targets. Save the lead and re-melt or recycle. Also helps mitigate lead contamination to the environment.
- 2 Fail Safe Hangers
- 2 1/2″ bolt and 2 nuts for the tire hanger
- 1 1/2″ bolt / nut for the plate hanger
- 2 T Post clamps to lock in the hanger positions.
- Recommended plate sizes 10 inch or 12 inch
- Plates sold separately.
The Tire Target Hanger Kit has all the hardware necessary to hang a tire over a steel target plate on a T-Post.
- Indoor ranges – prevents splatter damage to ceilings
- Shoot houses – prevents splatter damage to nearby targets and walls.
- Muzzle loader woods walks. Save and re-cast the lead
- environmental lead control. Captures around 90% + of the lead.
Tire Target Kit includes:
- Hanger and hardware to hang tire. (Fail Safe hanger, carriage bolt, nut, washer and beam clamp) plus choice of hanger finish.
- Hanger and hardware to hang the plate.
- Plate options: We recommend Hang Fast 10 and 12 inch round plates. The mounting hole location creates the angle to match the tire angle.
- We recommend the FAIL SAFE hanger for the plate because it limits side to side movement keeping the plate more centered in the tire.
- Tire size should be 16″ and as wide as possible. Pickup truck tires.
In this video we are shooting this target in a HESCO shoot house with AR15 / frangible bullets at distances to point blank.
Grade 8 Bolt info
GRADE 8 CARRIAGE BOLTS:
- Plates hit with high energy rifle rounds transfer a massive amount of stress forces to the bolt head that will shear off non grade bolt heads. (giving the false impression they were shot off.)
- Tensile strength – maximum load that a material can support without fracture when being stretched.
- Grade 8 Tensile Strength is 150,000 psi Low carbon non grade bolts are 60,000 psi
- Grade 8 bolts are NOT bulletproof and can be shot through. However, they do take less damage from hits than non grade bolts.
- Carriage bolt heads have a low profile and reduce splatter deflection significantly.
- Carriage bolts used with square hole plates eliminate the need for 2 wrenches for installation.
- Grade 8 carriage bolts are almost impossible to find at local hardware stores, be sure to buy them with your order.
- Everybody hates target failures and grade 8 bolts go a long way to reducing them.
We tested non grade hardware store carriage bolts and this one lasted about 20 rounds from a 7.62 x 39 on a 12 x 20 silhouette plate @ 50 yards. The target plate hit the ground and we all thought the bolt had been hit and shot through… but this is what we found. This failure is exactly what a grade 8 bolt is designed to prevent.
T Post info
T Posts are manufactured from recycled railroad steel and are available in a variety of weights 0.95lbs, 1.25 lbs. & 1.33lbs, etc. per foot. The post is designed in a “T” configuration, has studs every 2-1/2 inches to help support the fence, and includes a 7 in. long by 3 in. wide steel anchor plate to stabilize the post in the ground. Our T Post hangers are designed for 1.25 and 1.33 lb / ft T Posts.
- Manufactured from rail steel
- Weight 1.25 lbs. per lin. ft., including the anchor plate
- Coated with rust-resistant green enamel paint for corrosion protection
- Should be driven into the ground a minimum of 12 in.
- Use Fence Post Driver or sledge hammer to drive post into the ground.
- Using a sledge hammer can deform the post making hanger installation difficult.
- Available at most farm and hardware stores. Home Depot and Lowes.
- Inspect the top of posts for deformation before purchasing. During manufacturing they are cut to length while hot and the ends can become deformed making installing the hanger difficult. Some deformation is normal, look for twisted or very obvious deformations.
- When installing for temporary use or light target loads in firm ground, pound the post deep enough to engage the fin at least halfway. This will make removing the post easier.
- Make life easier and get a T Post pounder.
- Make life even easier and get a T Post puller. For hard ground or deep posts, this tool is a lifesaver.
- BUY LOCALLY! T post are available everywhere and cost more to ship than they are worth.
Fail Safe Hanger info
The Fail Safe Hanger is a very versatile hanger that can be used for all plate sizes 6″ and over. This hanger was originally designed to retain plates 10 lbs and lighter that could be shot off our STANDARD HANGER by medium rifle rounds. This hanger can mount most plates by us or others.
- Fits all FORGED T posts
- Fabricated from 1/4″ A36 steel
- Capable of supporting very heavy plates.
- Designed for plates 6″ and larger.
- Additional T post clamp prevents hanger “walk” with smaller plates.
- Built in wrenches for bolt and T post clamp
- Uses a 1 1/2″ GRADE 8 carriage bolt to mount the plate
- Stackable for multiple plates on a single T post
- Works with most rifle and pistol calibers. (Haven’t tested it with a 50 cal yet)
Unfinished – paint it yourself and save
Powder Coated – High Visibility Orange
- 1 1/2″ GRADE 8 bolt w/ T post clamp
- T post Clamp prevents hanger “walk” with small plates and big bullets.