24 x 24 AR500 Steel Target
$396.81 – $462.58
24 x 24 AR500 Steel Target
- Choose steel thickness 3/8 or 1/2″
- Works best with our STANDARD HANGER w/ 2″ Bolt Mount
- Great long range rifle target
Plate only, no hardware included.
Recommended hangers: For THIS large plate we recommend the STANDARD HANGER w / 2″ bolt mount. The target is too heavy to be reactive and the bolt mount makes hanging this beast easier.
Standard Hanger info
The STANDARD HANGER is our most versatile hanger.
- Fits all FORGED T posts
- Offers a variety of hanging functions. Short chain or single bolt. Extreme reactivity or limited. Adjustable target plate angle.
- Mounts target plates at downward angles from 5 degrees to 20 degrees
- Mounts plate away from the T Post reducing splatter deflection from the post.
- Stackable for multiple plates on a single T post
- Fabricated from 1/4″ A36 steel
- Holds plates to 100 lbs+
- All of our hangers have built in wrenches for bolt and T post clamp.
- Very reactive in all directions. Resets in under 3 seconds. (unlike conveyer belt targets that seem to never stop swinging)
- Enhances plate harmonics for great sound
- Works with our 10″ plates and larger.
- Using YOUR plates the bolt hole MUST be a minimum of 3.5″ from the top of the plate or the hanger and chain will be exposed.
- Very reactive front to back. Side movement is limited. Great for rapid fire pistol.
- Use with top hole plates over 10 lbs
- Angle is adjustable with the length of bolt. (Our plates 12″ – 20″)
T POST CLAMP:
- This clamp is used primarily with the FAIL SAFE hanger with 6″ and 8″ plates to keep the hanger from walking down the post when using heavy loads.
- The STANDARD hanger becomes unstable on the post when there is no weight on it. The beam clamp keeps the hanger in place while hanging or taking down plates…especially the heavy ones.
- Fixes hanger locations on T Posts for repeatability. An example is our TIRE TARGET SYSTEM.
Our Hangers come with built in wrenches for the Iron Beam Clamp and target bolt.
Using the STANDARD hanger with YOUR target plates:
The Hang Fast Hanger is designed to hold the plate in a position that PROTECTS the hanger and hardware from bullet damage. The plate MUST cover the hanger to accomplish this. The bolt hole location in the plate is critical when using this hanger with the Chain Mount and MUST be at least 3 ¾” down from the top or the hanger will be exposed to bullet damage. The smallest plate that can be used with our STANDARD hanger and a chain is 10”. For smaller plates use our FAIL SAFE Hanger. Most plates manufactured by others have the bolt hole located too high to use with our hanger and CHAIN combo. For these plates a single bolt can be used to hang the plate. DO NOT tighten the bolt tight against the hanger. Our STANDARD hanger is designed to be used with plates 10” and larger. For plates 12” and larger the plate bolt hole should be located 1/3 the height of the plate down from the top. This bolt hole location allows the plate to hang at approx. 15 degree angle. For example, a 12 inch plate would have the hole at 4” down from the top, an 18″ plate would have the hole at 6″ from the top. Our hanger is designed to work best with OUR plates but your plates can be used if the these recommendations are followed.
Grade 8 Bolt info
GRADE 8 CARRIAGE BOLTS:
Grade 8 carriage bolts are a crucial component for withstanding the immense stress forces generated when high-energy rifle rounds hit plates. These bolts have a high tensile strength of 150,000 psi, surpassing the 60,000 psi of low carbon non-grade bolts commonly found in hardware stores. While grade 8 bolts are not bulletproof and can still be penetrated, they are designed to endure hits more effectively than non-grade bolts.
One notable advantage of using carriage bolts is their low-profile heads, which significantly reduce splatter deflection. Additionally, when paired with square hole plates, carriage bolts eliminate the need for using two wrenches during installation, providing convenience and saving time.
It is important to note that grade 8 carriage bolts may not be readily available at local hardware stores, so it’s advisable to purchase them along with your order to ensure you have the appropriate hardware for your shooting targets.
Target failures can be frustrating, but using grade 8 bolts can greatly reduce the likelihood of such incidents. In a test involving non-grade hardware store carriage bolts, they lasted only about 20 rounds from a 7.62 x 39 rifle at a distance of 50 yards on a 12 x 20 silhouette plate. The failure observed was exactly what grade 8 bolts are designed to prevent, bolt head shearing off resulting in target failure.
In summary, grade 8 carriage bolts provide the necessary strength and durability to withstand the forces generated by high-energy rifle rounds hitting plates. Their use, combined with low-profile heads and compatibility with square hole plates, contributes to a safer shooting experience with reduced splatter deflection.
T Post info
T Posts are manufactured from recycled railroad steel and are available in a variety of weights 0.95lbs, 1.25 lbs. & 1.33lbs, etc. per foot. The post is designed in a “T” configuration, has studs every 2-1/2 inches to help support the fence, and includes a 7 in. long by 3 in. wide steel anchor plate to stabilize the post in the ground. Our T Post hangers are designed for 1.25 and 1.33 lb / ft T Posts.
- Manufactured from rail steel
- Weight 1.25 lbs. per lin. ft., including the anchor plate (most common)
- Coated with rust-resistant green enamel paint for corrosion protection
- Should be driven into the ground a minimum of 12 in.
- Use Fence Post Driver or sledge hammer to drive post into the ground.
- Using a sledge hammer can deform the post making hanger installation difficult.
- Available at most farm and hardware stores. Home Depot and Lowes.
- Inspect the top of posts for deformation before purchasing. During manufacturing they are cut to length while hot and the ends can become deformed making installing the hanger difficult. Some deformation is normal, look for twisted or very obvious deformations.
- When installing for temporary use or light target loads in firm ground, pound the post deep enough to engage the fin at least halfway. This will make removing the post easier.
- Make life easier and get a T Post pounder.
- Make life even easier and get a T Post puller. For hard ground or deep posts, this tool is a lifesaver.
- BUY LOCALLY! T post are available everywhere and cost more to ship than they are worth.
There are no reviews yet.