Dueling Tree 4-Plate
$296.72 – $347.20
Great design features not found on other Dueling Trees. We designed our Dueling Trees from a blank sheet of paper to correct the failings of past designs at at lower cost. No need for armor “upgrades”, our trees come RIFLE READY. This tree will work with calibers from .22LR to 300 WM !
- NO need for a flat level surface. Our base is fully adjustable and designed to sit firmly on uneven ground and hillsides with perfect target function.
- Balanced plate response. Most trees tend to favor one side over the other because there is no adjustment for plumb. Plates turn easier on one side giving that competitor an unfair advantage. Our center post is fully adjustable side to side and for forward angle to achieve equal plate response on both sides.
- RIFLE RATED: You can safely shoot rifle at this target without fear of damage to our AR500 center post. No extra armor to buy! Most dueling trees utilize soft angle iron for the center post which will become unsafe after being damaged by rifle hits. Our AR500 center post is flat, will not cause ricochets and is reversible for longer target life. There are no welds on the AR500.
- 3 Armor levels to choose from. 1/4″, 3/8″ or 1/2 AR500 center post and base crossmember armor.
- 24 swinger plate sizes. Tune your dueling tree to work with everything from .22LR to 300 WM, easily without tools.
Pricing without plates
- Fully AR500 Armored center post and base crossmember. 1/4, 3/8 or 1/2″
- ALL TERRAIN AR500 Armored base is easily adjustable for hillsides and uneven ground. Center post adjustable side / side and forward / rear.
- Rated for rifle and magnum handgun.
- Swinger plates available in 3″, 4″, 6″, and 8″ diameters and 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ thickness AR500
- Swinger plates mount without tools in seconds
- Plate hinge material AR500 1/4″
- No welds on the AR500 plates or armor.
- All GRADE 8 fasteners
- Reversible Armor for extended life.
- Feet have 1/2″ stake down holes
- Ships UNPAINTED
- Replacement parts available (contact us)
- Heads UP ! Our Craftsman Box End Ratchet Wrench makes adjusting this target a breeze!!
SWINGER PLATES AR500
Several available options to customize your experience.
LONG PLATES: These plates have a longer neck that extends two inches past the edge of the center post armor. This adds more weight and requires more energy to turn the plate. Selection options available for all calibers. Available in 3, 4, 6 and 8 inch diameters and 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ thickness SHOP LONG PLATES
SHORT PLATES: The Short Plate neck sits closer to the center post. Selection options available for all calibers. SHOP SHORT PLATES
Grade 8 Bolt info
GRADE 8 CARRIAGE BOLTS:
- Plates hit with high energy rifle rounds transfer a massive amount of stress forces to the bolt head that will shear off non grade bolt heads. (giving the false impression they were shot off.)
- Tensile strength – maximum load that a material can support without fracture when being stretched.
- Grade 8 Tensile Strength is 150,000 psi Low carbon non grade bolts are 60,000 psi
- Grade 8 bolts are NOT bulletproof and can be shot through. However, they do take less damage from hits than non grade bolts.
- Carriage bolt heads have a low profile and reduce splatter deflection significantly.
- Carriage bolts used with square hole plates eliminate the need for 2 wrenches for installation.
- Grade 8 carriage bolts are almost impossible to find at local hardware stores, be sure to buy them with your order.
- Everybody hates target failures and grade 8 bolts go a long way to reducing them.
We tested non grade hardware store carriage bolts and this one lasted about 20 rounds from a 7.62 x 39 on a 12 x 20 silhouette plate @ 50 yards. The target plate hit the ground and we all thought the bolt had been hit and shot through… but this is what we found. This failure is exactly what a grade 8 bolt is designed to prevent.