T Post Stand All Terrain
Our T-Post Stand is designed to keep the target load PLUMB over the center of the base. This innovative but simple design uses independently adjustable legs and center post to adapt to any terrain or condition providing absolute target stability. No more digging, shimming and going downrange constantly!
- Accepts standard forged T-Posts.
- Armored center post to prevent damage. (3/8″ AR500) reversible
- Fully adjustable for uneven ground and hillsides.
- Adjustable for forward angle.
- All Grade 8 hardware
- Supports target loads 100 lb +
- Stake down holes in feet.
- Easy and fast to adjust to any ground condition.
All Terrain T Post Stand
Our T Post stand is fully adjustable to make firm contact with uneven and sloped terrain. The Stand will also adjust the T Post for plumb and slope keeping the heavy target load centered over the stand preventing knock overs even on hillsides. We use the same base for our dueling tree and swinger targets.
- Holds standard forged T Posts ( 1.25 – 1.5 lb/ft)
- Footprint 23″ W x 23.5″ L
- 1/4″ A36 steel construction
- AR500 3/8″ front armor protects the post holder from bullet damage.
- Stake down holes in feet. Not necessary but there if you need them.
- Adjustable four ways to keep target load centered over the stand for ultimate stability under heavy fire.
- All Grade 8 fasteners SHOP GRADE 8 FASTENERS
Grade 8 Bolt info
GRADE 8 CARRIAGE BOLTS:
- Plates hit with high energy rifle rounds transfer a massive amount of stress forces to the bolt head that will shear off non grade bolt heads. (giving the false impression they were shot off.)
- Tensile strength – maximum load that a material can support without fracture when being stretched.
- Grade 8 Tensile Strength is 150,000 psi Low carbon non grade bolts are 60,000 psi
- Grade 8 bolts are NOT bulletproof and can be shot through. However, they do take less damage from hits than non grade bolts.
- Carriage bolt heads have a low profile and reduce splatter deflection significantly.
- Carriage bolts used with square hole plates eliminate the need for 2 wrenches for installation.
- Grade 8 carriage bolts are almost impossible to find at local hardware stores, be sure to buy them with your order.
- Everybody hates target failures and grade 8 bolts go a long way to reducing them.
We tested non grade hardware store carriage bolts and this one lasted about 20 rounds from a 7.62 x 39 on a 12 x 20 silhouette plate @ 50 yards. The target plate hit the ground and we all thought the bolt had been hit and shot through… but this is what we found. This failure is exactly what a grade 8 bolt is designed to prevent.
T Post info
T Posts are manufactured from recycled railroad steel and are available in a variety of weights 0.95lbs, 1.25 lbs. & 1.33lbs, etc. per foot. The post is designed in a “T” configuration, has studs every 2-1/2 inches to help support the fence, and includes a 7 in. long by 3 in. wide steel anchor plate to stabilize the post in the ground. Our T Post hangers are designed for 1.25 and 1.33 lb / ft T Posts.
- Manufactured from rail steel
- Weight 1.25 lbs. per lin. ft., including the anchor plate (most common)
- Coated with rust-resistant green enamel paint for corrosion protection
- Should be driven into the ground a minimum of 12 in.
- Use Fence Post Driver or sledge hammer to drive post into the ground.
- Using a sledge hammer can deform the post making hanger installation difficult.
- Available at most farm and hardware stores. Home Depot and Lowes.
- Inspect the top of posts for deformation before purchasing. During manufacturing they are cut to length while hot and the ends can become deformed making installing the hanger difficult. Some deformation is normal, look for twisted or very obvious deformations.
- When installing for temporary use or light target loads in firm ground, pound the post deep enough to engage the fin at least halfway. This will make removing the post easier.
- Make life easier and get a T Post pounder.
- Make life even easier and get a T Post puller. For hard ground or deep posts, this tool is a lifesaver.
- BUY LOCALLY! T post are available everywhere and cost more to ship than they are worth.